Google Cloud Platform is a set of cloud computing services that developers can use to build software and web applications.
Google Cloud Platform has also the tools needed to build, test, deploy and scale applications from small startups to Fortune 500 companies.
What is Google Cloud Platform
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a cloud computing platform developed by Google.
GCP supports all major operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and OS X. It lets developers build applications using languages like Python, Java, PHP, Node.js or Ruby on Rails for servers running in Google data centers.
It also offers development tools and services including support for Android Virtual Devices (AVDs) and the Android Application Development Toolkit (ADT).
The range of configurations is vast, which allows customers to tailor their services to their needs. For example, Google Cloud Storage offers two classes of storage: standard and durable reduced redundancy storage.
Standard storage allows customers to store data at lower cost with higher availability. Durable reduced redundancy storage offers slower uploads/downloads but the data is not deleted due to hardware failure.
So this is the answer to what is the google cloud platform.
What is Google Cloud Platform used for?
Google Cloud Platform is a whole suite of different APIs and tools that allow you to manage your data and applications in the cloud.
Cloud computing is a term used to describe a variety of different types of computing concepts, from using a website’s free storage space and processing power when its servers are not being used by any other user, to remotely running applications on a vast array of computers that are managed remotely.
In the context of Google Cloud Platform, this means that developers can run their applications on Google’s servers.
Why use Google Cloud Platform?
- Simplify your IT infrastructure.
- Pay only for what you use.
- Get the fastest, most secure cloud storage in the world.
- Scale with open, flexible technology.
- Run on the cleanest cloud in the industry.
- Run your apps wherever you need them.
- Keep your data secure and compliant.
- Connect your teams with AI-powered apps.
- Build your idea without boundaries.
- Build on the same infrastructure as Google.
- Unify data across your organization.
- Scale up and down quickly to meet demand.
How much does Google Cloud Platform cost?
For GCP pricing you can check this page – https://cloud.google.com/pricing
What is Google Cloud Platform Console?
Google Cloud Platform Console is a web-based application for managing Google Cloud Platform resources, such as Google Compute Engine.
It provides a dashboard, visualization and management of resources such as Compute Engine instances, Google Cloud SQL databases, and Google Storage buckets.
It also lets users monitor resource utilization and track project usage across billing accounts.
What are the Advantages of using Google Cloud Platform?
- It provides rapid access to computing resources. This is especially important when dealing with large amounts of data in machine learning applications. Partitioning computational tasks across several servers provides an effective way to deal with large amounts of data.
- Scalability. Google Cloud Platform provides automatic scaling for computing resources. A good example of this is the new highly scalable Bigtable infrastructure service, which lets you run queries on petabytes of structured data, across thousands of servers.
- Pricing model helps to control costs through an innovative metering and billing mechanism.
- Extensive product catalog includes many products and services that can be easily configured and added to your applications. Services like Cloud SQL, Cloud Storage or Cloud Pub/Sub enable you to extend the platform with capabilities such as relational databases, storage solutions and scalable messaging without having to manage complex infrastructure.
- Rich APIs for creating custom application components. Using Google Cloud Platform, you can build complete cloud-based applications using a well-defined framework which includes support for code reuse and makes it easier to manage complex workflows.
- Tools that include an integrated development environment (IDE), big data tools, application performance testing, and a web-based app management console.
What are the features of Google Cloud Platform console?
The Google Cloud Platform console allows you to manage your resources, services, and applications from one unified tool.
It includes a wide range of features including creating resources, monitoring resources, managing resources, transferring resources from one region to another, cost savings with pre-paid billing.
You can also monitor the amount of service usage you have each month and compare it to the forecasted costs for your service.
Where is Google Cloud located?
Infrastructure services from Google are available in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Regions and zones are used to categorize these areas.
To meet your latency, availability, and durability needs, you may pick where your applications are hosted.
What is the purpose of projects in Google Cloud Platform?
All of your Google Cloud resources are organized into projects. A project is made up of a group of users, an API set, and the billing, authentication, and monitoring settings for those APIs.
A project, for example, has all of your Cloud Storage buckets and objects, as well as user rights for accessing them.
Is Google Cloud Platform really free?
GCP offers a Free Tier where all Google Cloud users can use some Google Cloud products for free, up to certain monthly consumption restrictions, such as Compute Engine, Cloud Storage, and BigQuery.
Each Maps-related Cloud Billing account you create will receive a monthly credit.
How to create a Google Cloud account?
- In a browser, go to Google Cloud Console.
- Create a new account by selecting Create account: when prompted to sign in.
- Follow the on-screen steps to create a Google account with your company’s email address.
- Return to the Google Cloud Console and agree to the Google Cloud agreements.
How to cancel your Cloud Storage account?
Follow these procedures to cancel your Cloud Storage account:
- Login to your Google Cloud Platform Console.
- Delete all buckets and objects from your account
- For your project, disable the Cloud Storage services.
- Turn off the billing system (optional).
Is Google Cloud SaaS or PaaS?
Google Cloud is a set of cloud computing services supplied by Google that run on the same infrastructure as Google’s own consumer products, such as Google Search, Gmail, and YouTube. IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS are all Google Cloud services.
What are the various components of the Google Cloud Platform?
The GCP components are:
- Google Compute Engine
- Google Cloud Container Engine
- Google Cloud Storage
- Google BigQuery Service
- Google Cloud App Engine
- Google Cloud Dataflow
- Google Cloud Machine Learning Engine
- Google Cloud Job Discovery
- Google Cloud Test Lab
- Google Cloud Endpoints
What is Google Compute Engine?
Google Compute Engine is a scalable, flexible, and reliable infrastructure for building and running your cloud-native applications.
Compute Engine lets you run on the same infrastructure that powers Google applications and helps your developers and administrators manage their workloads across a multi-cloud environment.
You Might Also Like
- What is Django and How does it work?
- What is TensorFlow and How does it work?
- What is Scala and How does it work?
- What is GitHub and how does it work?
- What is Machine Learning and how does it work?
- What is Artificial Intelligence and how does it work?
- What is Open Source Software and how does it work?
- What is a Domain Name and how does it work?
- What is Big Data and how does it work?
- What is Internet of Things and how does it work?