There are a lot of good programming books available in the market and to choose the right one for you can be very confusing. Don’t worry we are here to help you find some of the best programming books to learn computer programming.
It depends on your need, whether you are a beginner, or already a learner. Whether you want the basics, or the intermediate, or the advanced concepts.
Also, it depends on which language you want to learn, or whether you want to learn algorithms or you want to learn data structures.
In this article, we would give you the insights, keeping in mind, and covering all the above aspects.
Few really good books that are good for Algorithms and also focus on data structures through the algorithms are listed below:
Top Programming Books
1. Introduction to Algorithms by Thomas H. Cormen
This book is the best to understand and use algorithms, once you are familiar with the basic concepts and data structures.
This book focuses on the techniques used in algorithms and their area of application and gives you a clear understanding of the same.
It doesn’t focus on a single programming language for the code but rather uses pseudo-code for references.
The book is divided into 22 short, quick lessons covering the topics in a systematic order.
2. The Art of Computer Programming (1-4) by D. E. Knuth
This book is considered as the bible for algorithms and consists of 4 series of books:
- Fundamental Algorithms
- Seminumerical Algorithms
- Sorting and Searching
- Combinatorial Algorithms
This book has a very in-depth analysis of the algorithms and their runtime.
It is a little more than required for beginners. It is a very good book for intermediate or advanced learners.
3. The Algorithm Design Manual by Steven Skiena
Another great book to master algorithms. It is divided into two parts.
The first part is all about the algorithm designs and their in-depth analysis. The second part of the book contains 75 most important problems on algorithms.
This book is good for advanced learners or people who work on algorithms and want to excel in their careers.
Some of the best books for learning the concepts of programming are listed below-
4. Clean Code by Robert C. Martin
This is a very beginner-friendly book. Though the book has its teaching reference in java language, it is very easy and adaptable to apply the concepts taught in other languages as well.
It focuses well on the concept of OOPS as well which is widely used.
And as the name suggests, it teaches you to write clean codes that are easy to learn and debug. It helps you write professional and readable codes keeping in mind the faster algorithms.
Some Language-specific books are listed below-
5. Java: A Beginner’s Guide by Herbert Schildt
This book is a great book for beginners with no prior experience.
It will take you from the very basics to the details of the advanced concepts of the Java programming language.
It has very good examples that make it very easy and simple for the readers to understand.
Must buy for absolute beginners who want to learn Java.
6. C++ Primer by Josee Lajoie and Stanley B. Lippman
It is a great book for beginners as well as intermediate learners of the C++ programming language. It also encapsulates C programming concepts.
It has ample examples and exercises to learn and test your learning.
7. Learn Python the Hard Ways by Zed A. Shaw
It is a good book for beginners and after learning through this book you will be ready to dive deep into further learning in this field.
It is written in simple language and also tests you once any concept is over.
So these are the must-have programming books for mastering programming.
So, it is a good idea to choose a few books from the Algorithms and Data Structure set of books and another from the language-specific set of books. The books on algorithms and data structures will further help you master the skills.
Because once you have the concepts cleared for the language, you can learn algorithms from any or a few of the above good books as all the languages are very adaptable and similar to each other.
You need to master one and you can master the rest of them quickly.
We hope these books on SQL will help you in enhancing your career.
You Might Also Like
- 7 Best Go Programming Books for Programmers
- 7 Best Java Books to Learn Java for Java Programmers
- 7 Best C Programming Books for Programmers & Developers
- 7 Best Scala Books for Beginners & Advanced Programmers
- 7 Best Flutter Books for Mobile Developers and Programmers
- 5 Best MongoDB Books for Beginners & Developers
- 7 Best CSS Books for Web Designers & Developers
- 5 Best Ruby Books for Beginners & Advanced Programmers
- 5 Best Julia Programming Books for Programmers and Developers
- 5 Best Dart Programming Books For Programmers & Developers
- 7 Best React Programming Books for Programmers & Developers
- 5 Best Xamarin Books for Mobile Application Development
- 7 Best Swift Programming Books for Learning iOS Development
- 7 Best C# Books for Programmers and Developers