Julia is a high-level, open-source, high-performance and dynamic programming language and was developed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). In this post, you will find information on the best Julia programming language books.
First of all, let’s go through the introduction of Julia and find out what is Julia programming language?
Julia is a dynamically-typed language and has good support for interactive use.
Julia has a high-level syntax that makes it an efficient language for all types of programmers.
Julia is open-source and is provided under the MIT license. You can find all the source code on GitHub.
Julia is used in the scientific computing field and is mostly used for performing data analysis and statistical computations.
So that was an introduction to Julia’s language. Now is the time to go through the best books to learn the Julia programming language.
Best Julia Programming Books for Programmers
1. Think Julia: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist
This is an excellent book for Julia beginners.
You will learn about language syntax and semantics, values, variables, statements, functions, and data structures in a logical progression. You will also learn about advanced topics such as types, methods, and multiple dispatch.
This book is perfect for students as well as professionals who need to learn programming basics.
2. Julia Programming Projects: Learn Julia 1.x by building apps for data analysis, visualization, machine learning, and the web
This book is a step-by-step guide to begin learning Julia if you have some background in programming.
This book will teach you how to build simple-to-advanced applications through Julia.
After completion of the book, you will be able to build real-world applications in Julia programming.
This book is for data scientists, statisticians, business analysts, and developers who are interested in learning Julia to analyze data and build apps.
A must-read book for sure!
3. Julia: High-Performance Programming
A great book that covers all the elements of Julia Programming. It is suitable for experienced programmers and also be useful for Julia developers who are interested in learning high-performance technical computing.
You will learn how data works using simple statistics and analytics.
Check this book from the below link.
4. Julia for Data Science
Julia for Data Science is a great book for data scientists who are looking to learn Julia.
This book will teach you how to use the Julia language to create a data science application from scratch using Julia.
There will be plenty of examples to illustrate how to leverage each Julia commands, datasets, and functions.
We recommend this book as a great book for learning Julia and Data Science.
5. Hands-On Design Patterns and Best Practices with Julia: Proven solutions to common problems in software design for Julia 1.x
It is one of the best books available on learning advanced Julia programming.
This book will teach you how to design and develop high-performance, reusable, and maintainable applications using modern Julia patterns.
You will learn about Julia features such as modules, data types, functions/interfaces, and metaprogramming.
Modern Julia design patterns are also covered where you will learn how to build large-scale applications with a focus on performance, reusability, robustness, and maintainability.
This book is suited for beginner to intermediate-level Julia programmers who are looking to further their skills in designing and developing large-scale applications using Julia.
Highly recommended book for you.
So these are the 5 Best Julia Programming Books for Programmers and Developers.
We hope these books on Julia language will make learning Julia very easy for you.
You Might Also Like
- 5 Best Kotlin Books for Beginners & Advanced Programmers
- 7 Best Coding Interview Books for Getting Programming Jobs
- 7 Best Go Programming Books for Programmers
- 7 Best Scala Books for Beginners & Advanced Programmers
- 3 Best Rust Programming Books for Programmers
- 7 Best TypeScript Books for Beginners & Advanced Programmers
- 7 Best Matlab Books for Beginners & Advanced Programmers
- 5 Best PHP Books for Beginners & Advanced Programmers
- 5 Best Ruby Books for Beginners & Advanced Programmers
- 7 Best Java Books to Learn Java for Java Programmers
Best of luck in your journey to learn Julia.