If you are interested in learning cross-platform mobile application development, then learning Xamarin will be a good decision for you. In this article, we will share with you some of the best books on Xamarin to help you become a mobile app developer.
So the big question is: What is Xamarin? Well, Xamarin is an open source app platform built on the .NET Framework. It allows you to create native iOS, Windows and Android apps with C# and .NET.
You can develop, test and deploy your apps to app stores using Xamarin Starter Edition that is free for individual developers. However, Xamarin Starter Edition includes Xamarin Android and iOS development without Xamarin Forms and the compiled code should not exceed the size of 128k.
Xamarin apps are fully native which means you can enjoy fully native performance with the shared code.
Xamarin.Forms is a lightweight open-source cross-platform framework from Microsoft and is used for building iOS, Android, & Windows apps with .NET from a single shared codebase.
Some of the benefits of Xamarin.Forms are: Saves time to develop the apps, native performance, and shared code.
It was a basic introduction to Xamarin. Now, let’s discuss the best Xamarin books which you should buy in order to learn Xamarin.
Best Xamarin Books for Mobile App Development
1. Xamarin in Action: Creating native cross-platform mobile apps
Xamarin in Action is a well-written and easy-to-read book. It is written by Jim Bennett (Senior Cloud Developer Advocate) at Microsoft who specializes in Xamarin mobile apps.
This book will teach you how to build cross-platform mobile apps using Xamarin and C# and it contains very detailed examples and helpful tips.
By the end of this book on Xamarin, you will be able to create a quality, production-ready Xamarin app on iOS and Android from scratch.
All the things which you will learn in this book are:
- Understanding MVVM in order to maximize code reuse and testability.
- How to create cross-platform model and UI logic layers.
- Building device-specific UIs.
- Preparing apps for publication with user tracking and crash analytics and many more.
Highly recommended book for learning Xamarin.
2. Creating Mobile Apps with Xamarin.Forms
It is an excellent reference and beginner’s guide to learn cross-platform development with Xamarin.
The tutorials in this book are well-written and provide a detailed understanding of how Xamarin Forms works.
This book will get you up and running quite quickly with Xamarian Forms.
3. Mastering Xamarin.Forms
A good book for beginners who are starting up with Xamarin.
This book has lots of real-world scenarios and solutions which will help you to build high-quality mobile apps with Xamarin.Forms.
You will learn how to implement the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) pattern and data-binding in Xamarin.Forms mobile apps and how to use platform-specific APIs to build rich custom user interfaces in Xamarin.Forms mobile apps.
A really good resource for Xamarin Developers.
4. Xamarin.Forms Projects: Build seven real-world cross-platform mobile apps with C# and Xamarin.Forms
Xamarin.Forms Projects will teach you how to build native cross-platform applications using Xamarin.Forms ecosystem.
The content is good and you will find the projects and instructions very easy to follow.
You will learn, how to set up a machine for Xamarin development and MVVM and data bindings in Xamarin.Forms and many more.
Check out the link below to know more about this book.
5. Mastering Xamarin UI Development: Build robust and a maintainable cross-platform mobile UI with Xamarin
You will learn how to build stunning, maintainable, native, cross-platform mobile application user interfaces using C# 7 by using both the Xamarin and Xamarin.Forms frameworks.
This book will teach you the knowledge and practical skills to develop real-world Xamarin and Xamarin.Forms applications.
A very helpful book for getting started with Xamarin UI development for mobile app developers.
So these are the 5 Best Xamarin Books for Mobile Application Development.
We believe that these books on Xamarin will make learning easier for you.
You Might Also Like
- 7 Best C# Books for Programmers and Developers
- 7 Best Go Programming Books for Programmers
- 5 Best Kotlin Books for Beginners & Advanced Programmers
- 3 Best Rust Programming Books for Programmers
- 7 Best Java Books to Learn Java for Java Programmers
- 7 Best Coding Interview Books for Getting Programming Jobs
- 7 Best Scala Books for Beginners & Advanced Programmers
- 5 Best PHP Books for Beginners & Advanced Programmers
- 5 Best Ruby Books for Beginners & Advanced Programmers
Best wishes from us in your learning journey.