C# is a general-purpose, modern, object-oriented programming language developed in the year 2000 by Microsoft. In this post, you will get to know about the best C# books for you to learn C#.
C# was designed by Anders Hejlsberg and it is widely used for developing desktop applications and web applications.
The C# programming language is based on C and C++ programming languages, which means if you have a basic understanding of C or C++ programming languages, then it will be pretty easy for you to learn C#.
C# is a part of .Net framework and is very easy to learn.
C# has a large community that makes learning C# a good decision for you.
C# integrates very well with Microsoft and the features of C# like automatic garbage collection, interfaces make C# a popular language for game development.
So this is a basic introduction of C#, now let’s go through the best books to learn C#.
Best C# Books for Programmers and Developers
1. Programming C# 8.0: Build Cloud, Web, and Desktop Applications
This book is excellent for beginners and advanced programmers. The programming concepts are explained very well and this book covers in detail the core language.
You will get many code examples for you to learn the ins and out of C#.
You will learn:
- How C# supports fundamental coding features like classes, custom types, collections, and error handling.
- How to write high-performance memory-efficient code with .NET.
- How to use .NET’s multithreading features.
This book is a complete course on learning C#.
2. C# in Depth
This is an excellent book and is targeted towards more intermediate and advanced C# developers. It is written by C sharp legend Jon Skeet.
C# in Depth will teach you expression-bodied members, interpolated strings, pattern matching, etc. Plenty of real-world examples to help you learn C# quickly.
After completion of this book, you will be able to write C# code with confidence.
3. C# 7.0 in a Nutshell: The Definitive Reference
C# 7.0 in a Nutshell is a book suitable for experienced developers to jump-start with C# quickly. The writing style is clear, logical, and concise.
You will learn the basics of C# language as well as advanced topics such as pointers, operator overloading, and dynamic binding.
The topics covered in this book are LINQ, concurrency and asynchrony, advanced threading, and parallel programming.
It is not a book for C# beginners, however a great book for experienced developers from other programming languages.
4. Learn C# in One Day and Learn It Well
An excellent book for beginners and seasoned programmers alike.
It contains more than 600 pages long of excellent content.
All the complex concepts of C# are broken down into simple steps to enable you to master the C# language even though you have not coded before.
You will learn:
- What is C#?
- What are the common data types in C#
- What are arrays and lists?
- How to format C# strings?
- What are the common C# operators?
- What is object-oriented programming?
- What is encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism?
- How to use control flow statements in C#? and many more.
Highly recommended for you.
5. Concurrency in C# Cookbook: Asynchronous, Parallel, and Multithreaded Programming
Concurrency in C# Cookbook explains parallel and async programming in small and easy-to-understand sections. This book will give you plenty of hands-on examples of how to actually program modern async/parallel.
This book will get you up to speed on concurrency and async and parallel programming very quickly.
All in all, it is a very good book and a great reference for programmers.
6. C#: The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Learn C# Programming Step by Step
This is a great book for beginners who wants to learn the C# language.
You will learn about the overview of C#, program structure, and basic syntax, working with variables, conditional statements, C# methods, data types supported by C#, operators and conditional statements, arrays, structures, and encapsulations, and much more.
In a nutshell, a great introduction to C sharp programming language.
7. C# 8.0 and .NET Core 3.0 – Modern Cross-Platform Development
An excellent book to learn C# and .NET.
This book will teach you the fundamentals, real-world applications, and all the latest features of C# 8.0 and .NET Core 3.0.
After the end of the book, you will be able to build modern, cross-platform applications with .NET Core 3.0 and also create professional web applications with ASP.NET Core 3.0.
You will be introduced to 3 technologies for building Windows desktop applications – Windows Forms, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), and Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps.
Highly recommended for you if you want to obtain a solid foundation of C# 8.0 and .NET Core 3.0.
So these are the 7 best C# programming books for developers and programmers.
We believe that these books on C sharp will help you to learn and master the C# programming language quickly.
You Might Also Like
- 7 Best Java Books to Learn Java for Java Programmers
- 5 Best PHP Books for Beginners & Advanced Programmers
- 3 Best Rust Programming Books for Programmers
- 8 Best Python Programming Books for Beginners & Advanced Programmers
- 5 Best Kotlin Books for Beginners & Advanced Programmers
- 7 Best Swift Programming Books for Learning iOS Development
- 5 Best Ruby Books for Beginners & Advanced Programmers
Best of luck in learning C# for your career.
Programming Cube Team.