Whether you want to build apps for mobile or web, learning the Dart programming language would be a great choice as it is a very simple, modern, and highly efficient language to work with.
Basically, Dart is an open-source, object-oriented, and client-optimized programming language for fast apps on any platform.
This language is developed by Google and it is primarily used to build mobile, desktop, server, and various types of web applications.
Dart is a robust language that is very easy to learn and has a familiar syntax.
Due to its scalability and cohesiveness, it is a great solution for application development.
Here is the collection of the best books on learning the Dart language.
Best Dart Programming Books for Programmers
1. Dart for Absolute Beginners
Dart for Absolute Beginners is an excellent book for learning Dart and for taking your first few steps into the big world of software engineering.
It is written by David Kopec, who is an Assistant Professor of Computer Science & Innovation at the Champlain College in Burlington, VT.
This book will enable you to build your own apps even though you have no background in the field of programming. You will learn the fundamentals of software development as well.
- You will learn the fundamentals of programming and the new technologies behind the web.
- Plenty of practical examples to get a grasp of Dart language.
- You will be able to develop your own web apps.
It is a highly recommended book to anyone who is starting with Dart.
2. Learning Dart
Learning Dart (Second Edition) is one of the best books to learn the Dart programming language.
If you want to become a developer for modern web apps, then this book is right for you.
In the initial chapters, the book will teach you about the basics of web programming and will then gradually teach you about complex web apps, client/server, and data-driven.
What You Will Learn
- How to develop web apps for the modern web by using Dart and HTML5.
- How to clarify and shorten your Dart code using enums.
- Structure your Dart code using functions, classes, generics, packages, and libraries.
- Learn to make games by drawing and using audio and video in the browser.
- Develop a web application with a model-driven and spiral-paced approach.
- Store your app’s data in the MySQL database and MongoDB through Dart.
- Learn to build HTML5 forms.
It is one of the most practical books on Dart which you must have.
3. Dart Programming Language
Dart Programming Language is written by Dart specification lead Gilad Bracha and he fully explains both the language and the ideas that have shaped it in this book.
This book will not teach you about web development and is focused mostly on Dart.
What You Will Learn
- About the Dart’s object model.
- Dart programs organization into modular libraries.
- Dart functions.
- How the Dart language handles expressions and statements.
- How to write functions, pass parameters, handling of isolates & expressions, and how to work with third-party libraries.
If you are looking for a basic introduction to the Dart language, then you can go for it.
4. Dart Essentials
Dart Essentials by Martin Sikora is an excellent overview of the Dart language, and how it is used on both the web and the server.
It is a practical, tutorial-based guide with lots of examples of modern web development for mobile and desktop with HTML5 features.
What You Will Learn
- How to build sophisticated and powerful apps using Dart.
- How to write encapsulated components and apps with web components.
- Learn about Dart language syntax, libraries, and the package manager.
- How to handle asynchronous calls with future-based API and how to use HTML5 features in Dart.
- Learn to develop your own web apps using AngularDart.
- Learn about CLI apps, WebSocket servers, and server-side scripting in Dart language.
- How to easily extend the standalone Dart VM with C/C++ native extensions.
In a nutshell, a well-written, clear, and concise book to learn Dart.
5. Mastering Dart
It is a must-have book for learning Dart.
Mastering Dart by Sergey Akopkokhyants is an amazing resource for mastering the Dart language.
This book is ideal for you if you are an application developer who has some experience with Dart and looking to develop reusable and robust code in Dart.
After reading this book, you will be able to improve the performance of your Dart code and build sophisticated web applications as well as amplify your web projects by adding advanced HTML 5 features into it.
You will get plenty of real-world problems with solutions and clear explanations.
What You Will Learn
- How to build real applications with ease using the event-driven paradigm.
- Learn about asynchronous programming.
- Skills to know when and how to use collections in order to store and manipulate groups of objects.
- How to add internalization and localization support to your applications for improving their performance.
- How to organize client-to-server communication.
- How to detect and use HTML5 features that will help you to deliver cross-platform content.
- Learn how to secure your web application from unauthorized users using various techniques.
So these are the 5 best Dart programming books for programmers and developers.
We hope these books on Dart will make you a better Dart language programmer.
You Might Also Like
- 7 Best Java Books to Learn Java for Java Programmers
- 7 Best C# Books for Programmers and Developers
- 7 Best CSS Books for Web Designers & Developers
- 7 Best React Programming Books for Programmers & Developers
- 7 Best Scala Books for Beginners & Advanced Programmers
- 5 Best Ruby Books for Beginners & Advanced Programmers
- 7 Best Swift Programming Books for Learning iOS Development
- 7 Best Go Programming Books for Programmers
- 5 Best Xamarin Books for Mobile Application Development
- 7 Best C Programming Books for Programmers & Developers
- 7 Best HTML Books for Developers & Programmers
- 5 Best Julia Programming Books for Programmers and Developers
Wishing you the best of luck in your way to become a successful Dart programmer/developer.