Amazon Web Service (AWS) is, without doubt, the most popular cloud computing platform used for various web and database platforms.
The popularity of AWS is growing these days and it is the right time to increase your knowledge on Amazon Web Services.
Also, do you know that AWS is one of the most profitable business of Amazon.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is secure and provides various database storage, IoT, content delivery services to businesses in order for them to grow and scale.
Some of the popular AWS Services are Amazon S3, AWS Data Transfer Products, Amazon EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud), Amazon SNS (Simple Notification Services), Amazon KMS (Key Management System), Amazon Lambda, and Route 53, etc.
AWS is used by many top companies of the world – like Netflix, Pinterest, Instagram, and Dropbox.
Let’s now jump into the best books to learn AWS.
Best AWS Books
1. AWS Security Cookbook: Practical solutions for managing security policies, monitoring, auditing, and compliance with AWS
AWS Security Cookbook is a practical book for AWS.
Securing the infrastructure by adopting protocols and following best practices is important as a security consultant.
This cookbook addresses realistic solutions to the most common infrastructure protection issues, covering AWS resources and functionality that can assist you to incorporate security models such as the CIA triad (confidentiality, integrity, and availability) and the AAA triad (authentication, authorization, and availability), as well as non-repudiation.
The book starts with various policies for IAM and S3, and later takes you to understand data security, application security, monitoring, and compliance.
By the end of this book, you will be well versed in the techniques needed to secure AWS deployments and will have the knowledge to prepare and succeed in the AWS Certified Security – Specialty certification.
What You Will Learn
- How to create and manage users, groups, roles, and policies across accounts.
- Skills to use AWS Managed Services for logging, monitoring, and auditing purposes.
- Check compliance with AWS Managed Services that are using Machine Learning (ML).
- Secure the data using symmetric and asymmetric encryption.
It is easily one of the best cloud computing books of all time. Highly recommended!
2. AWS Certified Security – Specialty Exam Guide: Build your cloud security knowledge and expertise as an AWS Certified Security Specialist
This book is for you if you are a system administrator or a security professional looking to get certification for AWS security.
To get the most out of this AWS book, prior experience in securing cloud environments is important.
By walking you through developing complex security solutions, this book helps you prepare for the AWS Certified Security exam and obtain certification.
The book will also look into instances of securing and the concepts of VPC infrastructure securing.
Finally, you will discover best practices for security that will help you make strategic decisions about cost, security, and complexity of deployment.
You will have the skills to pass the exam by the end of this AWS security book and design safe AWS solutions.
What You Will Learn
- How to quickly identify and mitigate security incidents.
- How to assign Amazon Web Services (AWS) resources for security requirements.
- Easily monitor and log tasks effectively using AWS.
This book provides a great overview of AWS Security and it is one of the recommended books to clear the exam.
3. Learn AWS Serverless Computing: A beginner’s guide to using AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, and services from Amazon Web Services
AWS Serverless Computing is a good book for both beginners and intermediate cloud computing learners.
This book will teach you the basics of AWS Lambda and also you will learn about other services from AWS like Amazon API Gateway, Amazon DynamoDB, and Amazon Step Functions.
Before you move on to developing and deploying serverless APIs effectively using the Serverless Framework, you will learn how to write, run, and test Lambda functions using Node.js, Java, Python, and C# examples. You will find tips and best practices for leveraging the Serverless Framework to increase the productivity of your development in the final chapters.
After the completion of this book, you will become good with building, securing, and running serverless applications using the Amazon API Gateway and AWS Lambda.
Having a basic understanding of Amazon Web Services is required to get the most value out of this book.
What You Will Learn
- Learn about the core concepts of serverless computing in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- How to create your own AWS Lambda functions and the skills to build serverless APIs using the Amazon API Gateway.
- Know about the DevOps patterns in a modern CI/CD pipeline with AWS CodePipeline.
- How to easily build serverless data processing jobs to extract, transform, and then load data.
- How to create chatbots.
4. Amazon Web Services in Action
This book is written for DevOps engineers and mid-level developers.
Amazon Web Services in Action, Second Edition is a detailed guide to AWS cloud computing, storage, and networking.
In this book, you will find straightforward, and complete coverage of all the important AWS resources that you need to be aware of, emphasizing best security practices, high availability, and scalability.
The latest additions to AWS, including serverless infrastructure with AWS Lambda, data sharing with EFS, and in-memory storage with ElastiCache, are covered in this fully updated version.
Overall a good book for beginners.
5. AWS: The Most Complete Guide to Amazon Web Services from Beginner to Advanced Level
If you are looking for a book that will tell you about various Amazon Web Services (AWS) services then this book is for you.
It is suitable for beginners and will provide you with information on the fundamentals of cloud computing.
You will learn how to set up Amazon Web Services for yourself using the step-by-step instructions.
What You Will Learn
- All the fundamentals of cloud computing and also the basic terms used in the AWS cloud platform.
- Learn about cloud computing security.
- All the basics will be covered such as SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS cloud computing services.
- Internet of things (IoT).
An informative book to learn the basics of AWS.
6. AWS: AMAZON WEB SERVICES: The Complete Guide From Beginners For Amazon Web Services
This book is great for learning about Amazon Web Services.
This book covers everything you need to know about AWS (Amazon Web Services) even if you are a beginner or advanced levels.
It is an easy-to-read book that can be completed quickly.
7. AWS Lambda: The Complete Beginner’s Guide
The book is an analysis of AWS Lambda.
The first section is a guide to how to create a deployment package in different programming languages, such as Java, Node.JS, and Python.
There is a discussion of the idea of limits in AWS Lambda resources, and you will learn more about how to deal with them.
You will learn how a Deployment Package can be developed.
In your serverless architecture, you’ll learn how to create concurrent connections and how to manage resources.
This book is geared for full beginners.
So these are the 7 Best Books to Master Amazon Web Services (AWS) and enhance your career.
You Might Also Like
- 7 Best CSS Books for Web Designers & Developers
- 7 Best C Programming Books for Programmers & Developers
- 7 Best Swift Programming Books for Learning iOS Development
- 7 Best C# Books for Programmers and Developers
- 7 Best Flutter Books for Mobile Developers and Programmers
- 5 Best MongoDB Books for Beginners & Developers
- 7 Best React Programming Books for Programmers & Developers
- 5 Best Xamarin Books for Mobile Application Development
- 7 Best Scala Books for Beginners & Advanced Programmers
- 5 Best Julia Programming Books for Programmers and Developers
- 5 Best Dart Programming Books For Programmers & Developers