Google has made communication more accessible than ever, thanks to its range of tools and services designed to connect people worldwide.
Among these tools is Gmail, an email service provider that has become a go-to platform for personal and professional email communications.
But, did you know that Gmail also offers a chat and video-conferencing service called Hangouts?
In this tutorial, we’ll dive deep into Gmail Hangouts and explore its features, benefits, and how to use it.
Table of Contents
What is Gmail Hangouts?
Gmail Hangouts is a messaging and video conferencing service provided by Google for its Gmail users.
It allows users to chat with one or more people, send files, and make voice and video calls directly from their Gmail inbox.
With Hangouts, users can also create group chats with up to 150 participants and make group video calls with up to 25 people at once.
How to Access Gmail Hangouts?
Accessing Gmail Hangouts is relatively easy. First, you need to log in to your Gmail account.
On the left sidebar, you’ll find a “Hangouts” option.
Clicking on it will open the Hangouts window, where you can start a new conversation or continue with an ongoing one.
Features of Gmail Hangouts
Gmail Hangouts comes with various features that make it a powerful tool for communication.
Here are some of the top features:
- With Gmail Hangouts, you can chat with anyone in your contact list instantly. You can also create group chats, send emojis, and share files.
- Hangouts allows users to make voice and video calls with other Gmail users for free. You can also make international calls at a very affordable rate.
- You can share your screen with the person you’re chatting with, making it easy to explain something visually.
- Hangouts is now integrated with Google Meet, a video conferencing tool that supports up to 250 participants.
- Hangouts is user-friendly, making it easy for anyone to navigate and use.
Benefits of Using Gmail Hangouts
- With Gmail Hangouts, you can chat and call from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection.
- Hangouts is entirely free, and you don’t have to pay anything to use it.
- Hangouts is available on multiple platforms, including Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
- You can make group video calls with up to 25 people at once, making it an ideal tool for remote teams.
- Google is known for its top-notch security features, and Hangouts is no exception. The platform uses end-to-end encryption to protect user conversations.
In conclusion, Gmail Hangouts is a robust communication tool that offers various features and benefits.
With Hangouts, users can chat, make voice and video calls, share files, and even screen share.
Its integration with Google Meet also makes it an ideal tool for remote teams.
Best of all, it’s entirely free to use and comes with top-notch security features.
So, why not give Gmail Hangouts a try and see how it can improve your communication with others?