Mobile application development is an area of computer programming that involves the development of applications to run on mobile devices, including smartphones.
In this article, you will learn everything that you wanted to know about mobile development.
Let’s get started!
What is Mobile Development
Mobile development refers to the process of developing software for mobile devices, mainly smartphones.
This includes designing, writing code, and testing the application before releasing it in the app store. It may also include releasing firmware updates for devices.
Mobile development requires the use of various integrated development environments and testing tools.
Regardless of the native mobile languages, most applications are written in a combination of one or more programming languages along with markup languages that contain elements common to all smartphone platforms.
Why Is Mobile Development Important?
Mobile phones have become an integral part of our lives and it has created a need for mobile development. Mobile phones are necessary to people as it provides them with access to information and data.
Mobile developers create apps for various purposes such as finding transport routes, finding employment opportunities, and even as personal finance trackers.
Mobile Apps are key in this age of technology because the world is becoming increasingly connected.
How to Learn Mobile Development
The following are some key points that can help you learn mobile development.
1) Learning the Principles of Mobile App Design: When designing a mobile app, it’s not just about making it look good, but being innovative as well as being practical from a user’s perspective as well as from a developer’s perspective as well as from a designer’s perspective as well as from a business perspective.
If you want to learn about the principles of mobile app design, it’s best to enroll yourself in a course that talks about these principles and also give you practical hands on experience with this subject.
2) Understand what is required to get your idea off the ground: There are several steps that need to be taken in order for you to get your idea off the ground, including hiring a development team, developing an app prototype, finding funding and so much more. Make sure that you know what these steps are before jumping into mobile development.
3) Understand the different types of programming languages used by mobile devices: There are many programming languages being used in order to build mobile apps, such as Java for Android development, Objective-C and Swift for iOS app development and so much more. Make sure that you understand the different programming languages in order to find out which one is the best suited for you when entering the world of mobile app development.
4) Find out more about how to get funding: There are several ways to get funding for your mobile app, including finding investors and asking the public to help you finance it. Make sure that you know more about these methods before getting started with mobile development.
5) Get started with coding: Once you’ve learned about everything there is to learn when it comes to mobile development, it’s time to start coding. Make sure that you know what languages are best suited for your app before getting started with the actual coding part of mobile development.
What Do Mobile App Developers Do?
Mobile app developers create apps for Android, iOS, windows, and other smartphone operating systems.
Some of the most common tasks that a mobile app developer performs are:
- Designing an app from scratch or modifying an existing one.
- Programming the app’s code.
- Testing the code on a simulator to identify any bugs.
- Submitting the finished product to either Apple’s App Store or Google Play.
What are the Types of Mobile App Developers?
There are two types of mobile developers – Android developers and iOS developers.
The types of mobile apps that are created by the developers in the industry will depend on their skill set. There are Android and iOS mobile app developers who specialize in designing and developing apps for either Android or iOS.
On the other hand, there are development studios that can create both iOS and Android applications. The developers who develop apps for Apple’s mobile platform uses Cocoa, while the ones who work on an Android device will use Java or Kotlin.
iOS App Development Needed More Skill Set as Compared to Android
Android app developers need to know a few more programming languages such as Android SDK, but iOS developers will need to learn Swift and Xcode.
What are some best Bootcamps for mobile development
Here are some of the best bootcamps in the world for mobile development:
- The Tech Academy
- Bedu Tech
- Developer Bootcamp
- Function Camp
- General Assembly
- Starter League
- App Academy
Should You Learn Mobile Development?
Absolutely! Mobile development has a number of advantages. You can develop an application for any device or platform, and it doesn’t cost much to get started.
There are plenty of tutorials and resources available for developers, so you can easily learn the basics. The best part about learning mobile development is that the skill is very in demand at this time.
What are some best books to learn Mobile Development
The following are the best books to learn mobile development:
- Build Native iOS Apps with RubyMotion by Jonathan “Redbeard” James
- Real World Swift Development by Niall Brady
- Web Development with React and Redux by Nine Pound Doberman
- Dart for Absolute Beginners by Simon Holmes & Steve Kellock
- You Don’t Know JS (book series) by Kyle Simpson
What are some best courses to learn mobile development?
There are many courses online where you can learn mobile development. Sites like Udacity, Coursera, edX offer great opportunities to learn mobile development.
What are the Benefits of Learning Mobile Development
- Get a job as a mobile developer.
- Make money developing apps for your own company.
Build something that will change the world.
- Build something that’s manly.
- Make money developing apps that change the world (by making manly things)
When you’re not in front of an office building, you can work from anywhere in the world at your own pace. If you want to be productive during short periods when commuting or eating, you can do that by developing apps.
- You don’t need to put up with stupid bosses anymore. Work your own hours and your own way.
- Don’t worry about layoffs or economic downturns, just worry about building the best app possible every day (real developers work at their peak when they feel like it).
You don’t work with stupid people anymore. You can choose to work with smart people and with your friends .
- Real developers make the best apps, and you’re a real developer.
You Might Also Like
- What is Xamarin and How does it Work?
- What is Kotlin and How Does Kotlin Work?
- What is CSS and How does CSS Work?
- What is Google Docs and How Does Google Docs work?
- What is MATLAB and How does MATLAB works?
- What is HTML and How does HTML works?
- What is Dropbox and How does Dropbox work?
- What is Google Drive and How Does Google Drive work?
- Best Coding Apps for Beginners
- What is Web Development and How to Learn it